Excel has many useful shortcuts to help the user enter data quickly. one of the fastest to learn is the “fill” tool. Basically it helps you fill in sequential data without having to type in every cell.
If you are trying to number each cell you do not have to type in each number as you go down.
- Type the first 3 numbers in the series you are wanting to use, example 1,2, 3.
- Click and highlight the three cells.
- In the lower right corner a handle will appear. Click and drag on the handle to fill in all the cells needed.
To fill in a row of cells with the same data:
- Type in the information you want in your cells.
- Copy that info into the next cell.
- Click and highlight the cells with the information.
- Click on the handle and drag down to cover the cells that you want the cells to fill.
For those who are visual learners, here is a quick video tutorial on this skill: