Did you know that you can embed YouTube video into PowerPoint 2002? I just figured this out and wanted to share what I learned. This only works when the computer you will be showing the powerpoint on will be connected to the internet.
Find the movie you want to embed and find the URL:
In the address bar is the url – highlight that info and copy it.
You must change the url by deleting the “watch?” and replace the “=” with a “/” |
Ex. http://www.youtube.com/ v/YcqJoE_78a0
Note: http://www.youtube.com/ – will always be the same
The end string “YcqJoE_78a0” is specific for each video.
To Embed it into PowerPoint:
1. Open a Slide
2. Go to View – Tools – Control Toolbox
3. Click on the more controls button (hammer) and scroll down to find Shockwave Flash Object.
4. A cross-hairs will appear for the cursor – so click and drag a box where you want the video to appear.
5. Right click in the box and choose “properties”
6. A properties box will appear – scroll down to the item titled “Movie” and paste in the URL for the video.
7. Save – view show. The video will play once you double click on it, just like embedding on a website.
That’s it! A few more steps than embedding it online, but a nice trick to know for making teaching presentations.