So now that you know how to use the camera, the question is what can I do with this in my classroom?
Here is a presentation that outlines Forty Interesting Ways to Use Your Pocket Video Camera in Your Classroom.
Some of the ideas include:
- How-to video
- Record Science Experiments
- Take on Field Trips
- Record something that the students will then have to explain what they are seeing.
- Interview fellow classmates
- Film Sports or PE – watch in slow motion to break down skills
- Record information/celebrations for parents to see via website.
- Record key parts of your lesson.
- Attach camera to objects to get different Points of View.
- Have students video what they are doing to show at Parent Nights, etc.
…and 30 more ideas. Check it out and let me know if you think of any other uses!
Another resource I have found lists multiple web pages that deal with flip cameras and education:
http://marynabadenhorst.globalteacher.org.au/flips/ – Flip and Digital Camera Resources
I am looking forward to seeing what cool things the teachers and students can do with this cool new tool!