Here are a few video tools for YouTube all teachers should know about:
YouTube – http://www.youtube.com/
TubeChop – http://www.tubechop.com/ – Ever had a video on Youtube that you only wanted to show part of? This website helps with that.
- Find a YouTube Video you want to clip
- Copy the URL – and go to http://www.tubechop.com/
- Paste in the url into the provided box on the webpage
- Select video and choose “Chop It.”
- Choose the portion of the video you want to keep by dragging the markers on the beginning and end of the clip and click on “Chop It”
- The website then provide you with a link to your chopped video as well as an embed code to place that clip on a webpage.
Kick You Tube – – Download YouTube videos for future use. You have options on what format you want to save the video and downloaded videos can be stored on Thumb drives or DVD’s for access when the network is down or you don’t want to rely on streaming. Basically you type in the work “kick” in the url before”youtube” and follow the instructions.
A great tutorial on how to do this can be found at Tammy Worcester Tip of the Week.
YouTube to Mp3 Converter – http://www.video2mp3.net/ – convert video clips into mp3 clips. Good when looking for sound bites for instruction.